Sunday, January 3, 2010

Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from indomitable will.

Hello Everyone.

So today this post is going to be very different than previous days. I will tell you that I was up all night as once again, my brain was over-stimulated. I did fall asleep though for a short time and woke again at 11AM when my parents came home. I then headed to work from one until three with Chris, where while his own autism was basically the same, meaning very few words could be understood, obsession over Harry Potter such as asking me who died in each book, and of course eating with his mouth open, it was basically a usual day.

Following work I came home, watched television and saw a wonderful Desperate Housewives episode, I really enjoyed it frankly.

However, the reason I said this blog isn't exactly going to be the same is in relation to the words I heard today on Desperate Housewives that can be found in the title of this post. They're words spoken by Mahatma Gandhi, and the reason I'm bringing this forward is because I've been doing a lot of thinking about myself. I've also realized that I'm not really being myself. For one thing, instead of fighting off my quirks caused by my autism, like sharing too much information to people or being paranoid about this and that, I'm letting it control me. It's what has caused me to lose friends because they just didn't understand why I acted the way I did, I've lost popularity (not that I care about this) but obviously I just mean that instead of having a lot of support from people, it was a definite case of people talking behind my back. I'm letting this control me because I perhaps don't actually have the confidence that I should have. I let people take advantage of me, because I suppose in reality I don't have as much confidence as people believe. I'll admit, I don't allow people to ridicule me, and I will shove it back in their faces if I have to, but I don't really take the reins of my life because I have not truly gained my indomitable will. The thing is though, with the obstacles I've gone through I can't help but think I just need to face them head on and remember that I can do anything I put my mind to. Autism should not be something that should limit me, and I think that's the case for anyone. No matter what you have to face in your lives; pain, fear, jealousy, even death, you just need to remember to tell yourself that you are strong and will fight through it.

Remember that, and talk to you all tomorrow.
Sean




No comments:

Post a Comment