Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I'm Getting Worse At This

Hey Everyone!

So while I thought I had posted yesterday, I guess I hadn't. I'm getting worse at this what with Christmas being almost upon me. But just quick info about what happened yesterday: I got up at 6:30AM and wanted to shoot myself due to being up so damn early and kind of late the night before. I still went to bed earlier than normal but it still was late none the less.

I headed to my exam at about 7:30 which was silly since the roads and traffic wound up clear and not busy at all. But it's better to be safe than sorry. When I got to school I headed quickly to the main building to talk to one of the people in charge of Exam Accommodations to ask about what I'm to do for the course I have that's going to be on Main Campus. I wanted to do this because while my autism definitely makes it difficult to concentrate on most exams in a room full of students, since the course I have is a Foundations in Singing course, I figured more than likely the exams will be of the singing or theory variety, and both of these I'm relatively strong in as I almost got to passing Grade 2 theory (I know it sounds silly, but Grade 2 theory is about the theory level you'd be learning in either your last year of high school music or even what you'd be learning in University) but I quit my lessons so as a result I didn't finish and take the exam for said theory, and as for singing I'm at around a Grade 9 (again end of high school/start of university) level according to the Royal Conservatory of Music. Also, again, didn't pass the Grade 9 singing as I quit my vocal lessons before I finished due to my school work getting to me and causing it to be more difficult balancing school, singing, and my extra-curricular activities. So I wanted to ask just so I would know, and I decided I'll take the first exam with them but if it turns out easy as anything, I will stop the writing with them for the course.

After talking to the adviser, I headed over to my exam and wrote it. I then called Dad to give me a ride home, and when I got home I wound up playing Assassin's Creed 2 for most of the day and finally finished the game. I still have extra stuff to do in it, but at least I finished the storyline.

I did for a short time fall asleep at 9:00, but only for around twenty-five minutes. I then continued watching TV and playing some Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 for a bit.

I got to bed around 3AM or so after watching Project Runway and the finale of the most recent season of Top Chef.

TUESDAY

Today I woke up briefly at 6:30AM as I had forgotten to reset my alarm for a later time. But I turned it off and went back to sleep. I then was woken up by my Mom who was heading to London with my Dad and she wanted me to get up as it was halfway through the day. However, after she left I kind of....went back to sleep. I finally got up for real at 2:30PM and had my shower and the usual brushing of the teeth, etc.

At about 3:15PM my Dad brought home my nephew Mason over for baby-sitting again. He's so adorable and I'm definitely getting better and holding him without him crying because I feel more confident and don't think I'm going to break him.

Around 3:30PM I decided to go do my running around I had to get done. I headed to the bank first to deposit a cheque for school stuff, then headed over to Wal-Mart. I bought the presents for my parents that I had kind of left to last minute, but I still hope they like them. I then headed to Zellers as I was looking also for the new Family Guy Star Wars DVD which luckily (this is me being sarcastic) they didn't have at Wal-Mart so I had to drive over to the mall just to find one single DVD. However, while I was there I was able to get my mother's present properly wrapped.

When I did finally get home I put the gift under the tree, and then helped my parents baby-sit Mason till it was time for him to go home. After this I played some Star Wars again, watched the Family Guy Star Wars DVD which was hilarious, watched Sex and the City The Movie again, and here I am.

Hope everyone's week is going great!
Sean




No comments:

Post a Comment