Saturday, March 20, 2010

King's Charity Fashion Show

Hey Everyone!

So wow, busy busy day it was. First off I had to get up at 9:30 which did not make me happy because I like sleeping in especially when I often don't get to bed until after 3am. My Dad and I had to head to London around 10:30 (hence the 9:30 wake up as it takes me an hour to actually pull myself out of bed, get my shower, brush my teeth, and get something to eat). We got to the venue with tons of time but only to find out barely anything was moving along. I don't understand why either since the girls should of gotten there at 9 and by 11:30 you'd figure their make up would all be done but it was BARELY halfway done. I was stunned to say the least. I wound up having to put posters on the doors as I waited for something to happen.

We finally got to go to lunch at 1PM, about a half hour later than we were suppose to but whatever. My friends from the show, David, Jenny, Kristina, Sherlrina and myself headed to the nearby Citi Plaza and grabbed some food to eat and then headed back to the venue because we were (hopefully) going to start a run through. We did, but man I don't understand why we didn't just do a complete run through and then fix what went wrong. It didn't really make sense because then we could get a sense of how to do it and then work on whatever went wrong. We also wound up having to wait for about an hour and a half till the show started since the run through of the scenes I was in had finished, but it took till basically the doors opening for it all to be done. And then we still had to wait an hour for the show to start. Luckily we got pizza for dinner so we at least had SOME food to tie us over.

The show I found went really well though. My scenes of Nike, Commander Salamander, Moore's (tuxedos), and the King's Pro Shop went great and I felt happy knowing I did a good job. We ended the show by having a procession of ALL the models and then gave flowers to Cheryl and Hayley the two commissioners in charge of the Fashion Show. Though I SERIOUSLY think they should be paid for this. I don't understand why the KUCSC doesn't realize that the show is a LOT of work, and it's constant work from October till March for heavens sake. The people in charge have to deal with fittings, and booking the venue, finding sponsors, finding the stores who want to have their clothes in the show, getting posters and tickets designed, choosing models and dancers, spending probably more than FORTY hours a week trying to get everything perfect. So if anyone from the KUCSC (aside from me :P) is reading my blog, I suggest you think about changing the Fashion Show Commissioners position to Coordinators so they can get paid the money they deserve because otherwise they're blowing blood vessels over the show that they're only volunteering to do. Got it? Good.

ANYWAY,
Once the show was over, it was a relief that now all my non-school events were over and now just to focus on school...yay. Why can't I just become and actor or model instead of this? I love acting and modeling and such about a million times more than school....but oh yeah....it's really hard to make a great paycheck from acting/modeling so I have to go to school to get a fall-back....Woo hoo...

Well that's all for tonight. And if you can't figure out the autism part, well I suppose I'll tell you another time :P

Sean




No comments:

Post a Comment