Sunday, March 14, 2010

Election Day!

Hey Everyone!

So I'm going to try and switch up the format again just because I figure I might as well try. It was a busy day more or less with the Students Council VP Elections and me having stayed up all night writing my speech for it. The council meeting lasted from 10:30AM all the way till 5:30PM which I have to say was annoying as all hell. I ran for Vice-President Operations, in other words the person in charge of the policies, clubs, the King's rink, the Regis (a news publication), and the website. I felt I did quite well for the debate, and while I lost, I felt it still was an exhilarating experience. I definitely have to say it was something I don't regret. The funny thing about me is I never give up, ever. I do whatever is in my power until I achieve it or get close to it because that's the type of person I am. This probably could come in handy though since I do want to be an actor so badly and after all, to get into acting there is one of two things you would need. Either you need connections, or you need persistence because the fact is you're going to be trying over and over again to get a role. Not everyone gets accepted right off the bat, even Jim Carrey tried fifty million times before he got to where he is today. Though to be clear, I'm finishing my Psych degree first because I feel I need to finish it before anything else, so I have a potential backup.

The only other thing I guess I can talk about is that our Fashion Show is coming up next week. I'm ecstatic about it, and I think it's just amazing that this was my first time trying for it and I still made it in. What's more, the commissioners in charge of it seem quite pleased with me and thanked me for being reliable. Frankly, I find people who are just here one day, and then gone another just does not help get anything done.

So I suppose those are my thoughts today. If you can't tell what my autistic aspect I was outlining was my ongoing persistence in trying time and time again. I know some people would say that many people have that but mine basically surpasses that. It's simply as though where a lot of people eventually say enough is enough, I never can. It's just what makes me, me.

So that's all tonight!
Hope you think I did do a better format :P
Sean





No comments:

Post a Comment