Sunday, September 20, 2009

Too Little, Too Late

Hi everyone! I am so sorry for being kind of late with this blog post. I don't know why I got behind in writing it but here we go. So I got to bed I think around 3AM which is a lot better than normal, but then I only slept till like 10:30 so it really wasn't as good as it was only 6 hours of sleep. The reason I only slept that long was because I was going to the Western Fair for "work" today, and thus had to be up early because there were only certain times they let VON workers into the fair for free.

Once I got all ready I just waited for my Dad to call me since he was driving today. I still can't seem to drive outside of my small city, I don't know why, I'm just petrified of the busy roads of London and such. It's kind of silly really, since I have my G license and thus it means I could easily drive outside of my city, but I still don't. Go figure. So then Dad and I picked up Chris, the guy I've been working with, and we headed to London. Halfway through the trip I checked the schedule again for the times they let people in and realized I foolishly had misread it and realized it wasn't until 1PM that they let people in. I think it only happened because I kept telling myself I'd be going Thursday, which times for free entry were 12PM and 5PM, but then had remembered that I had class so I had to cancel. As a result though, I had it stuck in my head that it was 12 not 1 that we'd be let in. I guess when I memorize things, I get it so deeply ingrained in my head I actually believe it.

So once we got to the fair Chris and I sat on some chairs to wait an hour for 1PM to roll around. But then I decided to bring out my page about VON and go to the ticket counter and ask. She however knew nothing about it and told me to ask the man standing at the actual gate. So I did and explained the situation and lucky me, the man let Chris and I through for free and just said he'd tell the VON person when they arrived that he had let us in. Chris and I then headed for the coupon kiosk to buy coupons for the rides. Lucky us again because all the rides were a two for one discount because it was the last day of the fair. We then were able to ride the Scrambler four times, and the Ferris Wheel once. Then we had lunch, Chris had french fries while I had a lovely fattening Funnel Cake :P. However, something was just off about it as later on today I wound up feeling a little out of sorts. We then used the last bit of our tickets on some of the games, where Chris won a green Care Bear stuffed animal. After this I decided that we should head back since there wasn't much to do, and I didn't care for Chris to waste the $200 he'd been given on stuffed animals. It's one thing to win once, but wasting $200 on toys? That would just be irresponsible of me to allow him to do so.

When we returned from the fair, Chris and I watched a film at my house, and then I took him home about an hour later. I was feeling a bit peckish from the funnel cake so I decided to eat a snack of cookies which helped settle my stomach. Then basically for the rest of the night I just played Prototype which is probably what distracted me. So anyway, that's another day done. Talk to you soon readers.
S




No comments:

Post a Comment