Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I Gotta Feelin' That Tonight's Gonna Be a Good Night

Well day two of the blog everyone, shout a hip-hip-hooray that I actually am still posting since I rarely finish things I start *insert laugh here*. So to begin with, after writing the first post, I wound up staying up until 5AM. Can you believe it? According to many research studies, insomnia is unfortunately a part of being autistic, and while oddly when I was younger it never happened, ever since the exam period of my first year of University, I have been unable to have a proper night's sleep. I'll admit, it's something that plagues me every day, and I wish I could get rid of the late night's because it really is not fun, but it's something I'm just going to have to work with and solve eventually.

Now as for how today was, when I got up I nearly fell back asleep but luckily I was able to get up and was able to get breakfast and head to my class. I then spoke with the Professor as I had continuously confused the class with one I have in second term at a different time but same day, thus missed the first class on Thursday. However, being who I am, I actually went on to explain why I missed the first class when if you think about it, she didn't have to know because I didn't even miss anything anyway. But I always am the type to apologize for everything, and do so over and over again.

Following class I went up to the UCC to return my books from last year and wound up talking the ear off of the guy who helped me in the Used book store. It took almost an hour because I had so many books to return. But at least talking helped us pass the time until he was done putting them through. After that I headed back to my place, where my friend who I thought had gone to Calgary had returned to say hi. Now I know it was probably wrong after not seeing him for five months, but I decided not to go to dinner because I was quite tired and would have rather watched Big Brother than go out and possibly miss it. I do realize it was wrong to not go with my friends, but late nights plus me just not wanting to actually be with anyone at the time, just made a problem you know?

Well that's the end of today's post, I may have been odd in explaining it...and I don't know if it could help, but it just was to show how when it comes to autism, there are things we deal with that while they may seem miniscule, they still affect us. I just wanted though to say, look forward to tomorrow's post. It might be dull due to the fact nothing's really happening as I have a day off, but none the less, stay tuned.

You guys rule! (Even though at the moment...no one's reading, still thanks if you are :D )




2 comments:

  1. "I do realize it was wrong to not go with my friends, but late nights plus me just not wanting to actually be with anyone at the time, just made a problem you know?"

    That seems to be the common viewpoint, that if you enjoy alone time more than people time, then there is something wrong with you. It's called introversion, and there is nothing wrong with it. This article may interest you: http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200303/rauch

    Introversion can actually be a sign of intelligence, as its more common in intelligent people, but its also a part of living with Asperger's. The only reason there is a stigma around introversion is that it is less commonplace than extroversion, and by its nature, doesn't get much representation in the media or in public space. Hell, pretty much all famous people are extroverted, which explains why people don't seem to know much about us introverts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well true it could be introversion but if you knew me you'd know I'm VERY outgoing and love hanging out with people. It's more a case with after a certain point, something in my brain clicks in saying "i want to be alone now".

    ReplyDelete