Monday, September 14, 2009

525 600 minutes, 365 days a year

So here it goes, my blog about what it's like living with Autism. Now in truth, I have Asperger's Syndrome not Autism, but it is still on the spectrum. One thing that always gets me though is the fact not enough people realize Asperger's Syndrome is a part of the Autism Spectrum and as such can be classified as Autism.

Now a little about me; I'm 21 and live and go to school in London, Ontario, Canada. I'm currently in third year of a Psychology degree, which is ironic if you think about it that I'm going into helping people with difficulties like autism, OCD, everything, and yet I have something myself. But if you think about it, living with autism gives me a better view at what it's like living with and being treated differently because of said disability.

Now why this blog? It's simple, every day something different happens influenced by my disability. I've lost friends, alienated myself, had difficulties in school, had problems with my parents. All of these things have influenced me, but at the same time, they have made me a better person and made me more aware of the world around me. So this blog is going to show what it's like living with autism. I find that these days there are so many people who are either living with Autism, or the parents of those living with autism. But the problem these days is there are many books and reports of psychologists talking about how to deal with a child who has autism, but how can that really help? They don't have the disability, they don't know what it's like. So in this blog I will tell you what happened to me that day, and hopefully it will give a better insight for parents, teachers, and many other people as to what Autism is like.

So let the blogging begin. Expect my next post tonight around 10 or 11PM.




No comments:

Post a Comment